Main Page

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Imbee...Follow Up!!

Thanks to a very nice e-mail from someone at Imbee, I now have more of the inside scoop about their status.

First let me say that my last posting about Imbee was a little critical for two reasons, 1. I think they could be doing a better job keeping the interested public informed what's going on (why the delays?) and 2. I am anxious for Imbee to come back on the scene.  With all the stupid choices Facebook is making these days, we need more kid-friendly social networking sites to give kids safer alternatives.  Imbee was very cool...then it was gone...now I'd like to see it come back.

Here is some of the info in the e-mail I got last night from an Imbee employee.

"You are right in saying imbee was a great site, thank you. However, sadly in early 2008 our original founder passed away in a plane crash. After the tragedy, we had to shut our doors in mid 2009."

Apparently someone new bought them and once the once all the legal stuff got worked out, they started the wheels turning again.  She went on to say...

"... in February of this year initiated re-building imbee 2.0. We have had some unexpected delays as most complex websites as well as start up companies do. We are currently on our plan and are working hard to ensure the site up by the end of summer. We still have about 3 and a half weeks left of summer so stay tuned!"

So I'm staying tuned.  I want Imbee to be cool again and will keep you posted as to their progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment